Terms & Conditions
DEFINITIONS. “You” includes each owner of the property or property manager approved to make decisions for the company. “We” or “us” refers to Arizona VIP Plumbing LLC dba Arizona VIP Plumbing, Parts & Fire Protection (AZVIP), an Arizona Limited Liability Company.
1. FLAT RATE. A flat rate is a service that includes labor, materials, and the cost of running our business. We strive to keep these rates as reasonable and competitive as possible. Time and material charges will not be broken out in flat rate pricing.
2. INITIAL TRIP CHARGE & EVALUATION. We reserve the right to charge an initial trip charge/evaluation fee if we arrive on sight, assess the plumbing issue, provide flat rate pricing, and you DECLINE to move forward with work. This fee will also be charged if our plumber is dispatched to the property and no one is at the property location.
3. ESTIMATE. An estimate provides our estimation of the cost of a project. It is not a fixed price. Estimates are given when the nature or scope of work may be uncertain, due to concealed conditions, difficulty in assessing problems to be encountered or resolved, or difficulty in determining the means or methods of best accomplishing the work. If we commence work based upon an estimate, and it appears that the price of the project is likely to substantially exceed the amount of the estimate, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you when reasonably practical to do so. We may propose a change order or a revised estimate. If you request that we cease work at any time, you shall remain obligated to pay for all labor and materials supplied by us. If you request that we stop work, the price will be fixed as an amount specified in the contract or based on a time and materials basis, whichever is higher.
4. CONTRACT. No agreement, whether designated as an estimate, a proposal, or otherwise, shall become a contract binding upon us until it is agreed upon by the financial party involved with acceptance, either verbal or in writing.
5. CHANGE ORDERS OR EXTRA WORK. We are obligated only to perform the specified scope of work. You may request changes or modifications in the scope of the work. These requests must be in writing. The terms of the written change order shall be binding on the parties. However, unless otherwise agreed in writing, all extra labor and materials shall be billed on a time and materials basis.
6. EXTRA WORK REQUIRED BY A PUBLIC AUTHORITY. In the event that the applicable public authority or other government agency subsequently requires modifications or additional labor or materials that were not included in the relevant bid or estimate, then the contract price shall be adjusted, and a Change of Order will be required. We are not responsible for any special inspections, analyses, or reports that are not ordinarily provided by a building inspector.
7. CONTRACT PRICE. If the parties have agreed upon a fixed price reflected in an estimate signed by both parties, then the scope of work shall be as reflected in that written agreement. Time and Material charges will not be broken out in contract pricing.
8. TIME AND MATERIALS. If a time and material contract is negotiated, all pricing on labor and material will be made clear beforehand. Time and material projects will be turned into Contract Price with an agreed upon price by both parties.
9. PAYMENT. Payment is due on the day of service unless otherwise noted within the Invoice or Proposal. Credit Card payments are subject to a processing fee of 4% (Subject to change). Payment not received in full on the day of service (or otherwise agreed upon day) are subject to a late fee and or interest. Unpaid invoices after 30 days are subject to collections, including but not limited to Property Lien, Theft of Services filed at the Local Police Department, Civil Court, and reporting to all national collection agencies.
Any discounts are subject to be voided due to non-payment or outstanding balances. Upon execution of the Invoice or Proposal, the owner will provide payment as provided in the Invoice or Proposal. The owner shall pay all invoices, including change orders, within the time frame outlined in the Invoice or Proposal. Work will be scheduled upon deposit receipt as outlined in the Proposal. If the owner has secured institutional financing for the work, the owner shall request that the institution issue payments for the work payable to Alpha Plumbing. Any sums due after 30 days will incur interest charges of 24 percent per annum, compounded monthly. All work performed by AZVIP shall be completed professionally according to standard practices and under applicable municipal and state codes. If your check is returned for non-sufficient funds, you expressly authorize your account to be electronically debited or bank drafted for the amount of the check plus any applicable fees of up to $50. The use of a check for payment is your acknowledgment and acceptance of this policy and its terms and conditions. We reserve the right to withhold any future work or warranty work, including labor and materials, at any point if payment is not made without penalty.
10. CUSTOMER ACCOUNTS. Customers may set up an account with us for billing purposes. Residential customer accounts must include an active credit card on file, held by our third-party secured credit card processing company. Customers with accounts can choose to be invoiced for work performed with payment due as outlined on the invoice. Customers may also choose to process payment for the invoiced amount at the time of service to the credit card on file. Residential accounts will automatically be processed with the credit card on file if invoiced work is not paid in full within 30 days from the service date. Credit card fees of 4% will apply to all credit card transactions.
11. CANCELLATION. Cancellations made 24 hours or less before an appointment will be subject to a charge of $100 for estimates and $225 half the rate of scheduled service for jobs or half the rate of scheduled jobs whichever is less.
12. INSURANCE. AZVIP, as a courtesy, in some cases wi,ll bill third party insurance companies. If the balance due is not paid by insurance proceeds on completion of a project, then the account will be deemed to be in default, retroactive to the date of completion. Homeowner/Contractor will be held liable for any balance due.
13. SCHEDULING. You are responsible for keeping a mutually agreed upon schedule for the work. If you fail to meet that schedule, by failure to be present at the site, or by failing to do anything to be prepared for the work to commence (including failure to make timely payments), then you will pay for the reasonable expense of any of our employees’ nonproductive trip(s). We reserve the right to charge a cancelation fee up to $1,500.00 to cover administration and handling fees. Only applicable on contract work.
14. WARRANTIES. We warrant that all materials provided by us shall be as specified and free of defects, and all work shall be completed in a substantially workmanlike manner. THIS WARRANTY EXPIRES ONE YEAR AFTER COMPLETION, UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED (DEPENDING ON SCOPE AND TRADE OF WORK), AND IS IN PLACE OF, AND NOT IN ADDITION TO, ANY OTHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF QUALITY, OR FITNESS FOR HABITATION OR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND SUCH IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED. This warranty shall be void if you (1) fail to pay the full contract price; or (2) fail to provide prompt notice of a warranty claim (within thirty days, or in case of an emergency then as soon as possible) and a reasonable opportunity to correct the problem; or (3) you permit any person or firm other than us to complete, correct, perform or redo any work identified within the original scope of the work of this contract with us. NO WARRANTY IS GIVEN AS TO THE RESULTS OF DRAIN CLEARING OR THE QUALITY OR SUITABILITY OF FIXTURES OR PARTS OR PLANS OR SPECIFICATIONS WHICH WE HAVE NOT SUPPLIED.
15. CORRECTION OR COMPLETION OF WORK. We shall have the irrevocable right to perform all corrective or pick-up work identified by you unless we decline to do so following receipt from you of a specific list of corrective or pick-up work and a reasonable period within which to perform the work. You shall not contract with any alternative contractor for the performance or completion of work within the scope of this agreement, nor shall you occupy or use our work until and unless we shall have been provided the notice and opportunity stated above. If you do contract with an alternative contractor to perform the pick-up work or otherwise correct or complete the project, without first affording us the above-described opportunity to do so, or if you commence to use or occupy the space in which we performed the work, you then agree to accept all work and materials “as is” and thereby waive any and all claims, of whatever nature, against us for any defects in performance, including labor, material, and warranty claims of any kind.
16. RESPONSIBILITY FOR PREMISES CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS ONLY. At the completion of the project, we will remove all waste materials and rubbish from the site, together with its tools, construction equipment, machinery, and surplus materials. You warrant that: all site conditions are known and disclosed; any plans supplied by you are adequate for intended purposes; and the provided address and legal description are correct and adequate for all purposes, including mechanic’s liens; you shall carry hazard insurance or bear the loss occasioned by hazard; and you shall not post any notice of non-liability. You shall determine and warrant to us the location of all property lines, underground restrictions or underground utilities, easements or rights of way, pipes, power lines, septic tanks, utility lines or drain fields, and shall indemnify us and hold us harmless from any loss or liability, including attorney fees and costs, resulting from any suits, claims, disputes, losses, or problems related to the above. You shall assume complete responsibility for the protection of all landscaping, trees, shrubs, and bedding plants which you wish to preserve, as they may become damaged during the progress of construction. We are not responsible for any drywall, fixtures, structural, or other damage that may occur or be necessary to complete the scope of work or any other damage that may occur as a result of the original plumbing, sewer or fire system, or other problems related to the premises. We shall not be obligated to correct or repair pre-existing structural deficiencies or problems resulting from such conditions or the work of others. You also understand that construction dust/particles are part of the any work environment. We will not be responsible for cleaning this byproduct.
17. SCOPE OF WORK. Except as indicated specifically on the contract, the following work is not included in this contract: any leveling of tubs, shower bases, or floors; repair of damage occurring from appliance moving/ relocating; any sheet metal work, pipe insulation, or compaction; correction or repairs to sewer lines, or repairs necessitated by equipment getting stuck in the line, to include, but not limited to, cutting into drywall, concrete, or roof; gutter repairs; correction to landscaping or other property damaged in the normal course of work by digging or other operations.
18. DEFAULT AND REMEDIES. Payment is due as required by your contract and no later than the date of service or completion. In the event of a default in payment, we may, in addition to ceasing work, recover the complete contract. Interest shall accrue from the date of completion upon any balance which remains unpaid, whether the balance is liquidated or unliquidated. Interest shall accrue at the rate of 1.5% per month compounded monthly, or the legal maximum rate of interest, whichever is less. In addition, a late fee of $10.00 per month may be assessed, and a $50.00 returned check fee may be assessed for any dishonored checks. Reasonable attorney fees and costs of collection shall be added to the balance due and shall be included in any award or judgment for non-payment.
19. CONFIDENTIALITY. All aspects of any dispute, including facts or opinions related to the dispute and communications related to it, shall be strictly confidential. No party shall disparage the other or publish or circulate or disseminate, verbally or in writing, any negative information about the other, in any public media, social media, emails, news reporting, or other forums whatsoever. No other report shall be made to any person or company. Disclosure of confidential information may be made as reasonably necessary to (a) to attorneys, tax and financial advisors, or (b) to others if so, required by lawful subpoena or court order and the adverse party is given ten (10) days’ advance notice of such disclosure and an opportunity to object to same. The effect of circulating disparaging information being difficult to estimate in advance, the parties reasonably estimate in advance that breach of confidentiality involving disparagement of our business will cause approximately $500.00 per violation, for which damaging awards may be issued.
20. MECHANIC’S LIENS. Pursuant to Arizona Statute A.R.S. § 33-981 to A.R.S. § 33-1098 and this agreement, we have a right to claim and enforce a lien on your property for any unpaid balance on your account, including interest and reasonable attorney fees and costs of collection.
21. SAFETY. You must exercise special care for the safety of yourself and others. The following are examples. You shall not allow anyone to go into or remain in any work area while any dangerous conditions such as an open hole or exposed electrical components are present; or disregard safety barriers, rules or warnings, or allow any other person to do so. You understand that You waive, and release us from, any liability for injury or property loss caused by which you might avoid by exercise of reasonable care and shall indemnify us and hold us harmless from any loss or liability, including attorney fees and costs, resulting from any suits, claims, disputes, losses or problems related to the above.
22. WEATHER AND OTHER RISKS. We shall not be held responsible for any problems caused by heat, lightening, hurricane, tornado, hail, windstorm, flooding, and other unusual movement or settlement of a structure or ground, or for acts of God, war, labor strikes, unavailability of materials, mold, or caused by fires, floods, or other hazards (including personal injuries to third parties) typically covered by homeowner’s or builder’s risk insurance. We shall not be responsible for incidental, indirect, or special or consequential damages, including but not limited to personal injury to any person as a result of our performance, nonperformance or termination of this contract, whatever the cause, nor for any reason in an amount in excess of the amount paid to us.
23. RESTOCKING FEES. If we order materials for your project, which must be restocked or returned due to your cancellation, the supplier may charge us a restocking fee. If that happens, you will pay the restocking fee and a reasonable service charge to us equal to the restocking fee, or $100.00, whichever is greater.
24. COMPLETE AGREEMENT. This contract constitutes our entire agreement, and there are no other promises, conditions, representations, warranties (including implied warranties of fitness or suitability) except as stated herein. This contract shall not be modified except in writing. For example, if you wish for us to perform additional work outside the scope of work, including any alteration or deviation from the contract specifications, or in connection with any defects or problems discovered during the job, then we will require a written change order including a reasonable charge for the extra work.
25. LEGAL ADVICE. We have not given and will not give you legal advice of any kind, and we recommend you obtain the advice of an attorney concerning your legal rights. Please do not sign the contract or completed work order unless you have read and understood our Terms & Conditions.